Secrets? The choir has secrets? Well, maybe not secrets, but there are indeed some fun facts about the choir that not everyone knows about. Let’s take a look!
- Before every choir performance, the choir meets to pray over each “passport” on the sponsorship table. Each little performer picks one child to pray for by name. They ask that the Lord will move in the hearts of those who will be attending the performance and that His will is done in which children are sponsored that evening. You should see their faces light up when “their” child gets sponsored!
- The choir typically has three performances or more each week. These kids have an amazing amount of energy and stamina!
- During their devotional time, the choir prays for the US government as well as other areas around the world. With world maps spread out on the floor, the choir prays for wise leadership, the persecuted church, and Christian leadership.
- The choir practices about two hours a day on the days when they are not traveling, usually three days a week.
- Did you know that the drums will change pitch and tone depending on the climate they are in? Sometimes you’ll find a drummer holding a blow dryer to the drum…no we are not giving the drum a new do, the drummer is heating the drum to get the best sound out of it. Sometimes when the church’s air conditioning is too high, it chokes the sound of the drum.
Check out our website to see when the choir will be performing near you!